Job Detail - Jawatan Kosong Assistant Marketing Manager – Public Relations
Minimum EducationAny Level
Job Overview - Jawatan Kosong Assistant Marketing Manager – Public Relations
The Assistant Marketing Manager-Public Relations role is responsible for assisting in the execution of department strategies and activities as assigned. Specific areas of responsibility include media event development and coordination, public and community relations, and contacts with assigned media groups. This role mainly focuses on media engagement and special events while you will also be required to develop media contacts, and community relations. In addition, you are to participate and provide the necessary support to any Marketing related tasks or projects assigned to you.
You will have the ability to communicate, interact and support your team members and superior in the department by exhibiting your best practices that aligned with the Merlin core values. You will also be required to exemplify your best behaviour to your team and work well with other team members in the department/organization and to carry out assignments that are delegated by your superior in a timely manner.
1. Develops a public relations strategy and plan for community groups, special interest groups, non-profits, government, charitable organizations, and charitable donations. Plans and implements the development and communication of information designed to keep public informed of employer’s programs, core values, strategic objectives, and point of view. Serves as spokesperson for public events and affairs to promote good will through such publicity efforts as speeches, exhibits, tours, and meetings. Represents employers during community projects and at public, social and business gatherings.
2. Serves as an internal resource for public relations for the park and its employees. Writes internal communications, such as newsletters. Keeps manager and director up to date on community issues and leaders.
3. Develops a media relations strategy and plan for assigned media groups: international and travel trade media (television, radio and print). Coordinates media coverage and goodwill for these groups. Serve as a point of contact to develop and maintain relationships as well as respond to requests for materials and information.
4. Develops ideas and concepts, designs program, and plans special media events and public events. Coordinates special events and media event elements. Serves as project manager for special media events; coordinates all aspects of events independently or through other internal and external resources. May establishes event team to achieve objectives, including project team, scheduling meetings, conducting meetings, facilitating arrangements and assignments, including budgets, communications, catering, logistics, operations (entertainment and art), scripts or programs, etc. as required or requested.
5. Researches data, creates news story and event ideas, lays out artwork, and prepares or procures publicity materials as assigned. Writes newsletters, press releases, media advisories, etc., as assigned.
6. Ensure high quality & updated contacts and database with all Medias, organizations and stakeholders relevant to the company. Keeping a synergy working relationship to ensure high SOV and collaboration between partners and company.
7. Person-de-liasion between agency and company namely PR, Social Media and digital. Develop and cascade detailed brief for the planning of resort activites. Ensure agency delivered quality service in a timely manner.
8. Attends various meetings, public and media events, based on department needs and schedules.
SAFETY, HEALTH & ENVIRONMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employees are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their team, in line with the Group Policy (HS001)
- Employees must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that the employees in their team are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it.
- Employees must ensure that safe working practices are monitored and risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly.
- Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Background & Experience
1. At least 5-7 years of progressive experience in public and media relations, preferably in the tourism, hospitality, theme park industry ,FMCG, entertainment or attractions industry.
2. Experienced in handling large scale event, requires a track record of success in planning and coordinating events, media relations, and public and community relations.
3. Records of strong public and media contacts.
4. Proficiency in English (verbal & written) is a must, experience as a spokesperson and as a point of contact is required.
5. Experience serving in a proactive role in creating and implementing media event ideas and strategies is necessary.
6. Demonstrated strong project management skills.
7. Ability to develop and execute detailed plans, programs and schedules required.
8. Demonstrated ability to be resourceful.
9. Requires professional writing skills, demonstrated skill in making speeches and presentations, and outstanding organizational, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
10. Ability to be a contributing, proactive, positive and supportive member of the Public and Media Relations team.
11. Computer proficiency with ability to use Microsoft Office Products (Word and Excel), desk-top publishing software, and familiarity with the internet is required.
12. Requires the ability to build positive relationships and linkages with the community, charitable organizations, government groups, the media, and employees to increase good will and achieve key department objectives for company
13. A bachelor degree in public relations, journalism, communication arts, advertising, business, marketing, or closely related field (or equivalent education and experience) is required
- Ability to sit for sustained periods of time to attend on-site and off-site meetings, perform paperwork activities, travel and drive.
- Intermittent and prolonged standing and walking to move about the park site, and interact with employees.
- Ability to climb stairs to gain access to upper level of buildings.
- Finger dexterity sufficient to complete paperwork activities and to use a computer.
- Visual acuity sufficient to read written materials, to complete paperwork activities, and to drive. Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals in person and by telephone.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to support park operations.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and passport. Requires frequent travel domestically and occasional international travel. Must have safe driving record and be willing to utilize own vehicle for business purposes.
- Maintaining confidentiality within the organization and protect any information that classified as confidential.
- Maintaining honesty and integrity with superior, subordinates and guests
- Complying with the company’s grooming standard.