Job Detail - Jawatan Kosong Assistant Operations Manager, Sea Life
Minimum EducationAny Level
Job Overview - Jawatan Kosong Assistant Operations Manager, Sea Life
To lead and motivate the Duty Lead, Education, Entertainment and Retail Team on daily a daily basis to deliver operational efficiency and to ensure that all financial and non-financial KPI’s are achieved in all operational areas. To take full control of the SEA LIFE Malaysia site and entire operation on a duty basis ensuring the health and safety of all guests and staff, whilst ensuring that throughout the guest journey at SLC MAL you are driving high standards and achievement of all KPI and guest related targets. You are expected to embrace the vision and values of the business to deliver highest standards of safety and compliance. You will also be involved in planning and organizational assignments of departmental projects and monitor the progress to ensure completion within deadline. You will be managing a set of team members providing them the required support, motivation and leadership practices that aligned with the Merlin core values. You will communicate and interact with co-workers, managers and senior leadership team within or across the departments by exhibiting your professionalism. You will also be required to exemplify your best behavior to your team and work well with other team members in the department/organization and to carry out assignments that are delegated by your superior in a timely manner.
To lead and motivate the management of all operational teams ensuring all departments are delivering against key business KPI’s.
To ensure that all Operational teams are operating efficiently and utilises its resources for the best possible outcome. Ensure that staffing is allocated across the attraction to reflect the constant changes in operational demand as well as ensuring that all key customer facing areas are covered.
Ensure staffing and recruitment requirements for the all Operations Teams are planned in line with the annual FTE budget, ensuring all positions are recruited for and within your budget. The Merlin Recruitment Policy needs to be adhered to at all times and all positions that you are recruiting for need be signed off by the SCLM Manager before the recruitment process can start.
Ensure all guests are educated on Marine conservation, BRP and SEA LIFE’s Core values when in the attraction and that this is promoted in an interactive, informative and entertaining way.
Ownership of seasonal events calendar in conjunction with the SLCM Manager and Marketing team, organising meetings and planning event detail.
As a manager of the business, you will be expected to work occasional evening events on rotation. There may be time when additional duties may be expected of you in the interests of the business.
To protect existing attraction and in attraction spend and seek out new opportunities to grow revenue.
To provide continual front-line support on daily basis to enable the team to provide and deliver excellent customer service. To ensure you demonstrate a clear commitment to being 100% guest-focused, ensuring that guest’s needs and expectations are met.
Ensure all operational areas in the attraction both financial and non-financial are open to the public during operating hours. Working with the key teams to ensure that day-today staffing is allocated across the attraction to reflect the constant changes in operational demand as well as ensuring that all key customer facing areas are covered.
Ensure all areas are operational to maximise our guest experiences and revenue in key areas. In addition, ensure that all in attraction signage (BRP, Conservation & Education) and promotional collateral reflect the SEAL LIFE brand positively.
To work effectively with the SLC press/Marketing team to protect the brand image, proactively control on site media interest, planned media events and anticipate and communicate potential media coverage.
Ensure site presentation is at a continual high level and work with the SCLM Manager to ensure that key health & safety and guest related signage and information around the attraction is received positively and easy for all guests to understand.
To ensure that all signage around the attraction reflect the SEA LIFE brand positively to key messages and that all information is correct and mistakes are reported.
To ensure that product presentation is at a continual high level in all revenue and non revenue related areas. Ensure promotional, sales and upsell collateral reflects the brand positively and acts as a tool to increase the penetration of sales in a certain operational area.
To manage relationships with external suppliers and to proactively seek new business partners whenopportunities arise.
To control a daily FTE budget and on-going payroll costs to agreed FTE levels and react to ensure costs are matched against revenue/visitor volume.
To manage ad-hoc projects to ensure they are completed on time, within budget and in line with Group Capex requirements.
To ensure that loss prevention is considered within all areas under your control and that necessary action is taken and levels of loss are reduced.
Ensure that any IT or technical problems are reported and escalated immediately if there is an impact to the guest experience inside the attraction or if any revenue channels are directly affected.
Maintain a disciplined and safe working environment ensuring that operating and safety procedures are understood and complied within the attraction.
Ensure personal development by attending relevant skills training and HR lead program as well as proactively seek out development opportunities such as project work. To identify and act upon any training needs that may be identified and to assist with the delivery of staff training.
To carry out performance management up to the agreed level
To actively participate in your Personal Development Plan
To develop team members via the Personal Development Plan process, objectives and one to one meetings. To also set objectives for direct reports and ensure they are delivered on time.
Ensure an action plan is in place and regularly reviewed to address and action the annual Wizard wants to know survey, focusing on promoting areas of improvement.
To hold regular team meetings with your Team Leader giving two way communication. To ensure your Team Leader clearly understand their role and accountabilities. To develop team using appraisals and the company succession plan.
To monitor and measure delivery of targets, service levels and recognise success within the team. In addition ensure that the team objective is FOCUSED on providing an entertaining but educational service to all guests.
To oversee recruitment, selection and training of new team members into the attraction and to take the lead in assessment centres, interviews and induction programmes. To identify training needs for direct reports and ensure skills gaps are addressed in a timely and proactive manner to support their development.
To show respect for others and earn respect, engaging with staff at all levels throughout the business. To act positively and assertively with enthusiasm and energy. Ensure personal style clearly represents the company values.
6. Health & Safety
To manage relevant areas of Health and Safety within the attraction in conjunction with the SLCM Manager, ensuring that all staff receives adequate training and ongoing coaching towards a pro-active health and safety culture.
Log any near misses, incidents or first aid treatment accordingly and ensure the team is fully aware of all forms of reporting with regards to Health and Safety in the attraction.
Background and Experience:
- Requires at least 3 years of progressive experience in the management/leadership position. Experience in Aquarium/Theme Park operations is an added advantage.
- A successful track record in planning, directing and managing a business.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of strategies and methods to lead and direct operations to achieve revenue, guest experience and other performance measures
- Possess strong analytical and decision making skills, project management skills, including contracting, budgeting and scheduling.
- Strong people management skills, including selecting, training, developing and coaching people. Computer proficiency with excellent ability to use Microsoft Office Products (Words, Excel, Access and Power Point) is important. Business correspondence such as ability to construct business or official letter or communication is required be experienced at dealing with a range of external stakeholders
- Bi-lingual ability in oral and writing will be an added advantage
Education: A bachelor’s degree in business management or closely related field
- Ability to sit for sustained periods of time to attend on-site and off-site meetings, perform paperwork activities, travel and drive
- Intermittent and prolonged standing and walking to move about the park site, and interact with employees
- Ability to climb stairs to gain access to upper level of buildings
- Finger dexterity sufficient to complete paperwork activities and to use a computer
- Visual acuity sufficient to read written materials, to complete paperwork activities, and to drive
- Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals in person and by telephone
- Work Environment: Various inside and outside locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to support park operations Requires a valid driver’s license and passport
- Must be willing to travel locally and regionally to conduct business
- Maintaining confidentiality within the organization and protect any information that classified as confidential
- Maintaining honesty and integrity with superior, subordinates and guests
- Complying with the company’s grooming standard