Job Detail - Jawatan Kosong Sales Manager-Tour & Travel
Minimum EducationAny Level
Job Overview - Jawatan Kosong Sales Manager-Tour & Travel
This role is responsible for developing and executing marketing and sales activities and programs for the entire tour and travel industry based on the assigned territory either domestic or international. You will be required to generate sales through the assigned market segments and ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through detailed planning, deployment and identifying the market trend/demand. Identifies objectives, strategies for promotion and acquisition as well as action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings. You will have the ability to communicate, interact and support your team members and superior in the department by exhibiting your best practices that aligned with the Merlin core values. You will also be required to exemplify your best behaviour to your team and work well with other team members in the department/organization and to carry out assignments that are delegated by your superior in a timely manner.
Scope and Responsibilities:
1. Manage sales program for travel industry and any travel related markets based on the assigned market segment through multi-level sales and marketing campaign
2. Align programs and activities to support marketing and business objectives through effective program development, coordination, and utilization of internal and external
3. Establishes qualified leads in each of the defined market segments: tour wholesalers/ operators, travel agents, airlines, hotels, rental car companies, travel clubs, AAAs and Convention & Visitor Bureaus—locally, domestically and internationally.
4. Actively participates in various industry trade shows, seminars, product launches and sales missions on a domestic and international level. Stays abreast of market and industry changes and recommends adjustments to all market segment programs.
5. Prepares and coordinates sales trips including travel arrangements, planning sales calls and strategies for each venue, and preparing collateral material.
6. Conducts sales / product presentations and organizers sales calls to existing client base and to acquire new clients.
7. Initiate and participate in all qualified FAM tours from all market segments.
8. Coordinates all aspects of special events/projects/promotions as it relates to each market segment, including planning, developing, and implementing programs, budget management and evaluation of the success of each event.
9. Seek various advertising possibilities with hotels, resorts, CVBs and other travel-related companies to heighten visibility. Creates, develops, implements and coordinates special promotional mailings to travel agents and tour operators by issuance of newsletters and other materials
10. Ensures that accurate databases for all market segments are developed and maintained and that materials are properly distributed to clients on a timely basis.
11. Actively participates in travel industry organizations. Conducts television and radio interviews domestically and internationally when required
12. Serves as a contributing member on the Sales & Marketing Team.
13. Track success of sales programs and propose alterations proactively to respond to the market. 14. Explore and recommend new sales programs to optimize attendance and admission per cap metrics.
15. Actively participate as a member of the Sales & Marketing management team to ensure all programs integrate for maximum delivery of attendance and financial targets for company
Background and Experience:
- At least eight years of progressive experience in the tour or travel field with a theme park, hotel/resort, travel agency or related industry with at least 3 years of managerial role.
- Have track record of success in developing and implementing multi-level tour and travel industry campaigns, with demonstrated ability to utilize local, regional, national and international markets to accomplish key sales objectives.
- Requires strong tour and travel contacts (local, regional, national and international) with an in-depth understanding of the travel industry.
- Requires demonstrated experience and strategic skills in all market segments of the tour and travel industry from initial start-ups to plans for succession after opening.
- Experienced in setting and achieving promotional and sales objectives
- Strong rapport and contacts in domestic and international market segments.
- Requires professional selling skills, demonstrated skill in making speeches and presentations, and outstanding organizational, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong leadership, people management, team building and project management skills
- Computer proficiency with ability to use Microsoft Office Products (Word and Excel) and database software is required.
- Requires the ability to build positive relationships and linkages with the travel industry to position and promote company
A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or closely related field (or equivalent education and experience) is required. Knowledge of foreign languages and cultures is desirable, bilingual skills (English/Mandarin/Spanish /Japanese) are also desirable.
- Ability to sit for sustained periods of time to attend on-site and off-site meetings, perform paperwork activities, travel and drive.
- Intermittent and prolonged standing and walking to move about the park site, and interact with employees or customers
- Ability to climb stairs to gain access to upper level of buildings.
- Finger dexterity sufficient to complete paperwork activities and to use a computer.
- Visual acuity sufficient to read written materials, to complete paperwork activities, and to drive. Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals in person and by telephone.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to support park operations.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and passport. Must have safe driving record and be willing to utilize own vehicle for business purposes.
- Must be willing to travel locally and regionally to conduct business, and occasional travel within Malaysia.
- Maintaining confidentiality within the organization and protect any information that classified as confidential.
- Maintaining honesty and integrity with superior, subordinates and guests
- Complying with the company’s grooming standard.